A special fundraising event for their childrens’ private school seemed like a pretty easy event for Voila Catering. However, the arrival of the first storm of the season was going to throw a curve bowl into the plans. Hosted by the family in their Portland West Hills home, our team thought that they had meet the biggest challenge of the evening by dodging fallen trees across the forest roads. However, the biggest surprise was the power outage 30 minutes before the guests arrived!
Our team and the host started bringing out the candles while our chef stoked the fire in the host’s wood stove.
Our team stayed on track and when the fundraising guests arrived, the bar was ready and they were greeted with delicious server passed hors d’oeuvres including:
- Cherrywood Smoke Sturgeon Wonton Canape
- Chanterelle Mushroom and Sage Bouchee
- Brie Cheese and Grape Relish Crostini
- Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Tartlets
Using the little oven in the wood burning stove, our chef perfectly cooked the meats for the small plates. As this event was held over the dinner hour, the guests would expect the equivalent of a meal. We offered the following small plates which are all easily eaten with just a fork while standing at tall cocktail tables:
- Sliced Beef Hanger Steak with Mashed Red Garnet Yam and Cocoa Demi Glace
- Peruvian Yellow Potato Causa with Dungeness Crab and Aji Amarillo Sauce
- Miso Braised Pork Cheeks with Japanese Potato Salad and Fried Lotus Chips
At the end of the evening to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth, we offered our decadent Bittersweet Chocolate Pot de Creme with Espresso Panna Cotta and a Sauvie Island Roasted Pumpkin Creme Brule for the guests!
Thrill your guests with wonderful food from Voila Catering at your next fundraiser and see how much deeper they will dig into their pockets!